Positive #15 - To Write a Torah Scroll
December 21, 2021
In this episode, we learn positive mitzvah #15, which is to write a Torah scroll.
There are several ways to fulfill this mitzva:
- One should actually write the Torah scroll.
- Purchase a Torah scroll or hire someone to write it on your behalf
- To edit / fix a Torah scroll by correcting even one error
- Purchase Torah books, which will enable one to study Torah (positive #14)
- This option is the opinion of Rabbenu Asher ("Rosh", c. 1250 - 1327)