Positive #11 - To Recite Shema Yisrael Twice Daily, Every Morning and Evening
December 14, 2021
In this episode, we learn positive mitzvah #11, which is to recite the Shema Yisrael, once in the morning and once in the evening, every day.
- What are the components of Shema Yisrael?
- Paragraph #1 - "Shema & Ve'ahavta" - Accepting Hashem
- Paragraph #2 - "Vehaya" - Accepting to fulfill Hashem's mitvot
- Paragraph #3 - "Vayomer" - Remembering the Exodus from Egypt
- When are the required times to recite Shema Yisrael?
- Morning - within 3 hours of sunrise
- Evening - beginning 30 minutes after sunset, before midnight
We also have the custom to recite Shema before going to sleep.